IELTS Speaking Examiner
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Speaking Examiners in Budapest. The ideal candidate lives in or near Budapest.
|Jelentekezési határdiő||2019. Január 31., Csütörtök|
What qualifications do I need?
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree
- A recognised qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) from a recognised institution (at minimum Certificate level).
- EFL / ESOL-related studies completed as part of an undergraduate / post graduate award course from a recognised institution (minimum Certificate level equivalent).
- A degree in Education (if supported by an undergraduate degree which includes studies focused on English language).
You also need to have:
- At least 3 years’ full time (or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum one year post-certificate level qualification).The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students(16 years and over).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills (see the Minimum Professional Requirements for more information).
|Closing date for applications||23.59, Thursday, 31 January 2019|
|Interviews||20-21 March 2019|
|IELTS test*||2 March 2019 or 23 March 2019|
|Induction||8-12 April 2019 (2 hrs session, exact date and time TBC)|
|Training||16-17 April 2019 (a full day and a half - detailed timetable will be sent to successful applicants)|
|Certification||14.00-17.00, 17 April 2019|
* Please note that you might be asked at any stage of the recruitment process to sit an IELTS test to prove you have the required language level. In order to be able to attend the training you must choose from the above dates if advised to sit the test.
The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide. Our work involves developing relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. Working effectively with diversity and promoting equality of opportunity is therefore an essential part of our work.
The British Council values diversity and is committed to policy of equality of opportunity. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria.
Please send the following documents to email@example.com and in the subject line please put ‘IELTS Examiner Recruitment’:
- Application Form
- Copies of your degree and TEFL/TESOL qualification**
- A clear criminal record certificate (‘Erkölcsi bizonyítvány’)
You also need to provide two references. Please refer to the Guide to Applicants for IELTS Examiner Recruitment for details on how to submit them. Please note that we must receive all references by 23.59, Thursday, 31 January 2019. We cannot accept references sent from public e-mail addresses (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.).
** Please note that in case you submit your degree as a TESOL/TEFL qualification, you need to submit an official English-language translation of the degree and the transcript as well.
You can find detailed information on the process in the Guide to Applicants for IELTS Examiner Recruitment.
Please check the Minimum Professional Requirements and download the Application Form.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.