We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of Cambridge Speaking Examiners in Budapest. The ideal candidate lives in or near Budapest, however, we are looking for examiners who live in or near Debrecen and Pécs as well.
We welcome candidates who have recent experience working with children and are teaching children under the age 16 as we are looking for professionals to join our team of Young Learners and for Schools exams examiners.
We would like to stress that we are looking for candidates who have some flexibility in their work schedules and are occassionally available to work on weekdays as well (especially in peak exam periods such as November-December, April-June).
|Closing Date||28 November 2021|
What qualifications do I need?
Professional background and qualifications:
- education to first degree level or equivalent
- a recognised language teaching qualification
- proof of substantial, relevant, teaching experience within the last 2 to 3 years, ideally equivalent to at least 1,800 hours.
- the required professional attributes and interpersonal skills
For the teaching qualification, this could be one of the following:
- a TEFL/TESOL qualification from a recognised institution (minimum certificate level – see below for more information)
- EFL/ESOL-related studies completed as part of an undergraduate/postgraduate course from a recognised institution (minimum certificate level)
- a degree in an educational field where a component of the syllabus was focused on ELT, language teaching or English language and/or literacy.
|Closing date for applications||27 November 2021|
|Interviews||13-21 December 2021|
|Induction||First two weeks of January 2022 (exact date and time TBC)|
|Training||17 January – 29 January 2022 (exact date and time TBC)|
|Certification||9:30 – 15:30, 29 January 2022|
The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide. Our work involves developing relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. Working effectively with diversity and promoting equality of opportunity is therefore an essential part of our work.
The British Council values diversity and is committed to policy of equality of opportunity. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to candidates with disabilities who meet the essential criteria.
How to apply
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line please put ‘Cambridge English Examiner Recruitment’:
- Application Form
- Copies of your degree and TEFL/TESOL qualification**
- A clear criminal record certificate (‘Erkölcsi bizonyítvány’)
You also need to provide three references. Referees must be provided by an employer / line manager (one must be from a current employer). Please note that we must receive all references by 27 November 2021.
** Please note that in case you submit your degree as a TESOL/TEFL qualification, you need to submit an official English-language translation of the degree and the transcript as well.
You can find detailed information on the process in the Guide for Applicants to Cambridge English Examiner Recruitment.
Please check the Speaking Examiner Profile - Minimum Professional Requirements and download the Application Form.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com