Last Updated: Friday 5 June 2020
Update: We relaunched the delivery of exams at the British Council this June. Currently, our exams are held in small groups in accordance with strict hygiene regulations.
Exam organization information for our current candidates
Thank for your patience while our centre has been closed. We look forward to welcoming you to our test centre soon.
Ahead of the test, we are writing to inform you of the measures we have put into place, in line with local government regulations, to help protect the health and safety of all our Test Takers and staff, and to limit the spread of Covid-19.
We will ensure that all test venues are thoroughly cleaned prior to the start of the test. For computer delivered tests, we will also clean all the equipment prior to the test and between sessions.
Please do NOT attend your test if:
- You are currently in self-quarantine or
- You have been in contact with any person suspected of having been exposed to Covid-19 in the last 14 days or
- You have a cold, fever, are short of breath or have flu-like symptoms.
If any of the above applies to you, please contact the centre by email at email@example.com as soon as possible and we will arrange a transfer to another test date.
ON THE DAY OF THE EXAM
- You will be required to adhere to social distancing rules at the exam venue.
- You will be required to bring as few personal belongings as possible to make the check-in and registration procedure smoother and quicker.
- Please take a note of the items listed below that you are required to bring with you for the test.
Arriving at the test venue
- You will be required to arrive at the test venue in your allocated time. You will not be allowed into the test venue earlier. You will receive the details of your test day (venue, arrival time, test start time) approx. 10 calendar days before the test date.
- Parents, friends, relatives will not be allowed into the test venue.
Inside the test venue
- You will be required to wear a mask at the exam venue in areas and at times indicated by the Test Day Personnel. You may be requested to remove the mask for identification or other purposes.
- You may also wear latex gloves if you wish to do so.
- You will be asked to sign a self-declaration form that covers the three statement above.
- You will be requested to sanitise your hands prior to entering the test room either by washing them with soap and water or using a hand sanitiser.
- Exam Staff will be wearing face masks and latex gloves throughout the whole session.
You are required to bring with you to the exam venue:
- A face mask that covers your mouth and nose – mandatory,
- A standard wooden pencil (HB / B / 2B) – mandatory,
- An eraser (with no cover) – mandatory,
- A black or blue pen – mandatory,
- Your original ID document (EEA National ID card or passport), the one that you used for registration. Please remove any cover from your ID document – mandatory,
- Drink in a transparent bottle without any sign or label – optional,
- Your own hand sanitiser (in a transparent bottle without any sign or label) – optional,
- Latex gloves – optional,
- A sharpener – optional.
For health and safety reasons we will not be distributing stationery to Test Takers during the examination. Pencil cases will not be allowed into the test room.
AFTER YOUR EXAM
If you show symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of taking your test, please report this to your designated local Health Authority – as per government regulations. Please inform the Health Authority that you sat a test with the British Council so that all participants of the event can be contacted as soon as possible.
The health and safety of all our Test Takers and staff is our top priority and we will continue to monitor government guidance to ensure we are taking all the necessary steps to make our test centres as safe as possible. If you have any further questions about the measures we are taking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.