Last Updated: 27 September 2023
English Courses FAQs
How can I contact Customer Service?
If you have any questions or requests, please feel free to contact us by e-mail, phone or submitting an online message. Find all the contact details here.
Please note that our customer service is available from Monday to Friday at the following times:
Monday: from 9.00 to 11.00 and from 13.00 to 18.00: face-to-face customer service and certificate distribution
Tuesday and Wednesday: from 10.00 to 12.00 and from 13.00 to 17.00: face-to-face customer service and certificate distribution
Thursday: from 14.00 to 18.00: face-to-face and telephone reception (no certificate distribution)
Friday: from 10.00 to 15.00: face-to-face and telephone reception (no certificate distribution)
How are English courses for adults and young learners delivered?
Our English courses for adults and young learners are currently taught face to face in our teaching centres.
What safety measure are in place in classrooms and on the premises?
Your health is our priority and we have implemented the following procedures, following government guidelines, to ensure the teaching centre is as safe as possible for students and our staff:
- Hand sanitizer will be available at entrance/exit to building and in the Teaching Centre, in Teaching Centre reception and in all classrooms (you may wish to bring your own bottle of sanitizer)
- Temperature check and hand sanitizer are also available at Rakoczi building
- Break times may be staggered to minimise contact between groups of students
- Toilets and frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned regularly
- We ask that students adhere to relevant social distancing guidelines.
- Children will be encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water on arrival and at break time
- Children will be reminded about relevant social distancing requirements on arrival, during class and at break times.
Please refer to our Health and Safety page for further details.
How can I register for an English course?
Registering for a course with the British Council has never been easier. Please see our step by step registration instructions on the following links:
What will happen if face-to-face English courses are suspended again?
We are drawing on the expertise of our wide network of teaching centres across the world to offer a virtual classroom experience that has already proven to be effective.
Virtual lessons for adults are like any other classroom lessons at the British Council. You will practise your speaking and writing with your teacher and classmates in real time and do pair and group work. Of course, just like in any other lesson, you will also practise your listening and reading skills, and learn lots of new language. The difference is that it will be delivered via Zoom: user-friendly web-conferencing software.
Virtual lessons for young learners are designed to cover the same language skills and deliver the same progress as regular classes. Virtual classrooms include live lessons with the teacher and self-study activities to be completed online before and after each live lesson. We are committed to ensuring that all children can study in a safe and supportive environment and our platform incorporates a number of features designed to keep children safe while they are online.