The British Council is committed to protecting children in all areas of our work and in all parts of the world. A child is defined in the British Council as anyone who has not reached their 18th birthday (UNCRC 1989) irrespective of the age of majority in the country where a child is, or their home country. In Hungary this means we will ensure your children’s wellbeing at all times through measures such as:
- valuing, respecting and listening to children
- regular health and safety checks on our premises
- ensuring all necessary checks are made when recruiting staff
- ensuring procedures are designed to protect children, and parents/carers are kept informed
- working with local experts in the field to develop best practice
- ensuring staff receive appropriate training.
You can be sure that your child is always safe and secure when learning at the British Council.