Do you work at a higher education institution and are teaching or planning to teach your subject through the medium of English?
Academic Teaching Excellence (ATE) is a training course that has been developed to help academic staff who do their teaching through the medium of English.
Degree courses in Europe are increasingly being taught in English, often where neither teacher nor students are native speakers. ATE has been specifically designed to improve the overall quality of academic teaching by updating lecturers’ language skills and offering useful methodology techniques for day-to-day teaching.
ATE has been developed in close cooperation with the University of Oxford's Department of Education, drawing on the latest research in the field of English as medium of instruction.
Take the ATE training course with the world's English experts and you will:
- develop a good understanding of the communication principles that underlie academic teaching with English as the medium of instruction
- improve the quality of your communication with your students, through more confident and effective teaching in English
- benefit from the latest research into English as a medium of instruction
- explore a wide spectrum of teaching situations, and get individual feedback and personalised suggestions on how to improve your performance
- analyse and review current teaching practices through intensive micro-teaching sessions
- acquire advanced communication skills in English
- help your higher education institution attract the most talented students and staff.
Download the course brochure below for further information.