Cambridge Assessment English accredited status extended until 90 days after the end of the state of emergency. For full details, please click HERE.
We are happy to accept registrations from candidates throughout Hungary for our accredited exams (B1 Preliminary, B2 First, C1 Advanced, C2 Proficiency) in our Budapest, Szombathely and Debrecen exam centres. You can register simply and quickly. In our two Budapest locations (British Council and A Nyelviskola) as well as at our Debrecen location, some exams are available in a computer based format as well.
- Note: not every Cambridge Assessment English exam is available at every location. You can visit the How to register page for the available dates and locations.
- You can find a list of our accredited exams locations in the document below. Note: the final accredited exams venue will selected based on the exam type and the number of candidates. Please get in touch with the customer services of your exams location, in order to inquire about the exact location of your exam.
In case of open exam dates, we organise our Young Learner exams at our Budapest exam location of the British Council. We can also organise Young Learner exams at external locations in case an institution asks us to. These are administered together with A Nyelviskola. Please contact us to inquire about our Young Learner exams.
Exam fees and invoicing
- We cannot issue an invoice after they payment has been made or if you paid the fee online.
- You can find out more about payment options (online payment or bank transfer) as well as invoicing on the How to register page.
- In some cases it is possible to pay apply for the exam after the deadline. In this case the online registration system will automatically charge a late entry fee of 9,000 Ft.
INFORMATION ABOUT EXAM FEE REBATE
From January 2018 successful language exam takers can claim money back from Hungary’s Educational Authority.
We have collected a number of FAQs and answers, read more about the rebate here.
SPEAKING TEST DATE
The Speaking Test date is determined by our Exams Centre, according to the Cambridge Assessment English specified time frame shortly before the exam. It is not possible to select an exact date or to change the Speaking Test time. Before applying, please check the time frame of the Speaking Test to avoid overlaps with personal commitments. The time frame set by Cambridge Assessment English will be displayed at the first step of the application, beside the Written Test date. Candidates are informed about the time of their Speaking test date in the Confirmation of Entry e-mail, which is sent two weeks before the exam date for paper based exams and one week before the exam date for computer based exams.
Should you have any other questions regarding the Speaking Test, please contact our Customer Services team.
Upcoming exam dates
You can find the upcoming exam dates on the How to register page.
On this page you can find examination dates, fees, and the registration period for upcoming Cambridge Assessment English examinations.
There are a limited number of computers for our computer based exams. To make sure you get a place, we recommend that you register as early as possible before the registration deadline.
Please note: The Speaking part date is determined by the examination centre within the Speaking window set by Cambridge Assessment English. The exam will take place only if there are minimum 5 candidates registered for the date.