Online registration is now open for all centres in Hungary. Your registration is only valid upon payment of the exam fee.
Step 1: Register online
- Select your preferred exam, location and date below and click on the link to register.
- SPEAKING TEST DATE: The Speaking Test date is determined by our Exams Centre, according to the Cambridge Assessment English specified time frame. It is not possible to select an exact date or to change the Speaking Test time. Before applying, please check the time frame of the Speaking Test to avoid overlaps with personal commitments. The time frame set by Cambridge Assessment English will be displayed at the first step of the application, beside the Written Test date. Should you have any questions regarding the Speaking Test date, please contact our Customer Services team.
- You have to accept Terms and Conditions, which you can also find at the bottom of this page, along with Cambridge English Exams Regulations. Please make sure you've read both documents.
- Terms and Conditions detail the regulations about taking test day photos of the candidate during certain exams. You can also find at the bottom of this page the relevant consent forms, which must be signed and submitted in order to take part in the exam.
- Enter your personal data to register for your chosen exam. Please make sure that you enter your details exactly the same way as it appears on your identification document, as you will not be able to sit the exam otherwise.
- You will have the option to pay online by credit / debit card (VISA or MasterCard) or via bank transfer. You can read about the details below.
Please note: Exams will not appear here after the registration deadline has passed or if tests are already full.
Once registered, you will receive an automatic reply called ‘Application Summary’. If you don't receive this e-mail right after registering, please contact us immediately.
IMPORTANT! The number of available seats are limited for each exam date. Therefore we recommend that you register as early as possible. Please do not wait until the registration deadline because once the seats are sold for an exam date, we cannot accept further registrations. However, we do our best to provide enough capacity for all exams throughout the year.
Step 2: Pay for your exam
You can pay for your test in one of the following ways:
- Via credit / debit card online, immediately after filling out the online application form. Only VISA or Mastercard is accepted.
- Via a bank transfer within five calendar days after registration.
INFORMATION FOR PAYMENT VIA BANK TRANSFER
If you choose to pay via bank transfer, please make your registration payment to the bank account below.
Bank: Citibank Zrt.
Bank account holder: British Council Hungary
Bank account number: 10800007-77237006-00000000
SWIFT/BIC code: CITIHUHX
IBAN code: HU46 1080 0007 7723 7006 0000 0000
We accept the following payments into our bank account:
- electronic bank transfer using your internet banking service
- direct debit from your bank
- direct deposit*.
* Cash payments can only be received from the Citibank branch below: 1133 Budapest, Váci street 80. (Promenade Gardens Irodaház at Dózsa György út metro station).
THE COMMENT SECTION MUST ALWAYS INCLUDE:
- the registration reference number. Your reference number is a 13 digit number that starts with R-HU (see the example below).
- the full name of the candidate taking the exam, first name first, last name second.
E.g. R-HU001-123456-0010 MARIA KISS
Please note that not including the aforementioned data may lead to a change of your preferred test date or cancellation of your registration.
When paying the exam fee by bank transfer, please ensure that the British Council receives the full amount, all applicable banking charges must be paid by the candidate. This is particularly important when transferring the exam fee from a foreign account. Your registration can only be finalised once the full exam fee has been credited to our bank account.
If you would like an invoice for your exam fee, please let us know before making the payment by sending an e-mail containing the following details: invoicing name, address, exam type, exam date, candidate name. In this case please do not make the payment before receiving the invoice.
We are unable to issue an invoice after the payment has been made or in case of online payment (VISA and Mastercard).
If you wish to receive an invoice for your exam fee, please choose bank transfer and follow the instructions below:
- Register for the exam.
- Choose the bank transfer method of payment.
- DO NOT transfer the fee until you have received the invoice from us.
Step 3: Confirmation of Entry
You will receive the 'Confirmation of Entry' e-mail from Cambridge Assessment English with all the information about your exam (dates, starting times and venue).
This e-mail will be sent approximately two weeks before the date of the exam for paper based exams and one week before for computer based exams - please contact us if you do not receive it.
Each school should register a minimum of 15 candidates in total (at least five candidates for each level).
Contact us for more information.
We provide special arrangements for candidates with hearing, speech, visual and kinetic difficulties, as well as for candidates with learning difficulties such as dyslexia.
Relevant supporting documentation – a medical certificate and a Special arrangements form completed and signed by the candidate – should be submitted to the examination centre atleast three months before the exam date. No documents will be accepted after the end of the particular registration period.
We also make special arrangements for candidates who have sustained accident-related injuries, such as a broken arm, prior to the day of the exam.
We make every effort to cater for special needs of any disabled candidates or candidates living in special circumstances (e.g. in prison), to enable them to best understand questions and tasks and complete the test. It is our aim for the language level of all candidates, irrespective of disability, to be assessed fairly and objectively.