Cambridge Assessment English accredited status extended until 90 days after the end of the state of emergency. For full details, please click HERE.
Online registration is now open for all centres in Hungary. Your registration is only valid upon payment of the exam fee.
Step 1: Register online
- Select your preferred exam, location and date below and click on the link to register.
- SPEAKING TEST DATE: The Speaking Test date is determined by our Exams Centre, according to the Cambridge Assessment English specified time frame. It is not possible to select an exact date or to change the Speaking Test time. Before applying, please check the time frame of the Speaking Test to avoid overlaps with personal commitments. The time frame set by Cambridge Assessment English will be displayed at the first step of the application, beside the Written Test date. Should you have any questions regarding the Speaking Test date, please contact our Customer Services team.
- You have to accept Terms and Conditions, which you can also find at the bottom of this page, along with Cambridge English Exams Regulations. Please make sure you've read both documents.
- Terms and Conditions detail the regulations that refer to the voice recording during the speaking exam as well as taking photos during the some of the exams. You can also find at the bottom of this page the relevant consent forms, which need to be signed and submitted in order to take part in the exam.
- Enter your personal data to register for your chosen exam. Please make sure you input exactly the same data that contained by your indentification document, you will not be able to take part in the exam otherwise.
- You will have the option to pay online by credit card or via bank transfer. You can read about the details below.
Please note: Exams will not appear here after the registration deadline has passed or if tests are already full.
Once registered, you will receive an automatic reply called ‘Application Summary’. If you don't receive this e-mail right after registering, please contact us immediately.
Step 2: Pay for your exam
You can pay for your test in one of the following ways:
- Via credit card online, immediately after filling out the online application form. Only VISA or Mastercard is accepted.
- Via a bank transfer within five calendar days after registration.
INFORMATION FOR PAYMENT VIA BANK TRANSFER
If you choose to pay via bank transfer, please make your registration payment to the bank account below.
Bank: Citibank Zrt.
Bank account holder: British Council Hungary
Bank account number: 10800007-77237006-00000000
SWIFT/BIC code: CITIHUHX
IBAN code: HU46 1080 0007 7723 7006 0000 0000
We accept the following payments into our bank account:
- electronic bank transfer using your internet banking service
- direct debit from your bank
- direct deposit*.
* Cash payments can only be received from the Citibank branch below: 1133 Budapest, Váci street 80. (Promenade Gardens Irodaház at Dózsa György út metro station).
THE COMMENT SECTION MUST ALWAYS INCLUDE:
- the registration reference number. Your reference number is a 13 digit number that starts with HU (see the example below).
- the full name of the candidate taking the exam, first name first, last name second.
E.g. HU001-123456-123 MARIA KISS
Please note that not including the aforementioned data may lead to a change of your preferred test date or cancellation of your registration.
When paying the exam fee by bank transfer, please ensure that the British Council receives the full amount, all applicable banking charges have to be borne by the transferor. This is particularly important when transferring the exam fee from abroad. Your registration can only be finalised after the full exam fee has arrived into our bank account.
If you would like an invoice for your exam fee, please let us know before making the payment by sending an e-mail containing the following details: invoicing name, address, exam type, exam date, candidate name. In this case please do not make the payment before receiving the invoice.
We are unable to issue an invoice after the payment has been made or in case of online payment (VISA and Mastercard).
If you wish to receive an invoice for your exam fee, please choose bank transfer and follow the instructions below:
- Register for the exam.
- Choose the bank transfer method of payment.
- DO NOT transfer the fee until you have received the invoice from us.
Step 3: Confirmation of Entry
You will receive an e-mail from Cambridge English Language Assessment entitled 'Confirmation of Entry' containing information about all exam papers (dates, times and locations).
This e-mail will be sent approximately two weeks before the date of the exam for paper based exams and one week before for computer based exams) - please contact us if you do not receive it.
Schools can choose the date of examinations that serves their needs, in consultation with the British Council. Each school should register a minimum of 15 candidates in total (at least five candidates for each level).
Contact us for more information.
In co-operation with Cambridge ESOL, we provide special arrangements for candidates with hearing, speech, visual and kinetic difficulties, as well as for candidates with learning difficulties such as dyslexia.
Relevant supporting documentation – a medical certificate and a Special arrangements form completed and signed by the candidate – should be submitted to the examination centre three months before the exam date. No documents can be accepted after the end of the particular registration period.
We also make special arrangements for candidates who have sustained accident-related injuries, such as a broken arm, prior to the day of the exam.
We make every effort to cater for special needs of any disabled candidates or candidates living in special circumstances (e.g. in prison), to enable them to best understand questions and tasks and complete the test. It is our aim for the language level of all candidates, irrespective of disability, to be assessed fairly and objectively.